In the news...
Last updated: 11 January 2001.
- 11 Jan. Happy Birthday Tom!
- 04 Jan. No Doubt has been nominated for Best Rock Album at this year's Grammy Awards. The other nominees are: Bon Jovi - Crush, Foo Fighters - There Is Nothing Left to Lose, Matchbox Twenty - Mad Season, and Rage Against the Machine - The Battle of Los Angeles. You can find out when the show will air in appearances.
- 08 Dec. Clarification: "Six Feet Under" will not be released as a single, but is simply being played to promote KROQ Acoustic Christimas.
- 06 Dec. No Doubt released "Six Feet Under" to the radio stations. It is on frequent rotation at KROQ.
- 16 Nov. Congratulations No Doubt for winning "FAN.tastic Video" at the 2000 Billboard Awards for "Simple Kind of Life." All these awards, and no one playing their videos. "Sunday Morning" was on VH1's Rock of Ages.
- Oct 30. Congratulations No Doubt on winning Most Stylish Video at the VH1/Vogue Fashion Awards for the 2nd year in a row, this time for "Ex Girlfriend." No Doubt is currently not on tour. NDIFC posted that NxD management has suggested a possible college tour at the beginning of 2001, and a possible new album out soon. So far, nothing is confirmed.
- Sept 11. This was posted under Ted Casablancas "The Awful Truth" section at www.eonline.com:
Gavin Rossdale, the Bush frontman, shopping at the ultrahip Vinyl Fetish in Los Feliz. City of the Fallen Turntables. Relaxed, polite and sans girlfriend Gwen Stefani, the rocker purchased a load of CDs. Yes, even celebs pay for their own records--sometimes. Later note: Gwen and Gav were spotted dining together at Fred 62 up the street, so love is still in the smoggy air. What a rather gorgeous pair, if you'll forgive my beautiful-music musing.
- Sept 6. Gwen is listed in Vogue's "100 Best Dressed" supplement, under the heading "Courage of their Convictions: These one-woman trends inspire, delight, and occasionally astonish." Gwen's style is described as "Jem's long-lost sister. Truly outrageous. Truly, truly, truly outrageous." The small article continues with some quotes from Gwen. There is also a picture. Others listed in this heading include Isabella Blow, Mouna Ayoub, Rebecca Weinberg Field (whoever they are), and Lil' Kim.
- Sept 1. There is an article on SonicNet about "Best Breakup Songs" ...of course, "Don't Speak" is featured. Click here to view the entire story. (Thanks Jennifer).
- Aug 4. Five fans were injured Wednesday night (Aug 2) at the concert in Mesa Amphitheatre, Pheonix. Sources say that 4,000 fans rushed the stage. Three of the five were taken to a local hospital for treatment, none of the injuries were serious.
- July 11. A lot of random news: "Bathwater" is the new -unconfirmed- single and has been gracing the airwaves of SoCal. FYE: I heard "Simple Kind of Life" 5 times in 4 1/2 hours on the local college station here. It's #8 on their countdown. No Doubt will be participating in the Beastie Boys/Rage Against the Machine tour called Rhyme and Reason 2000. No Doubt will play 2 dates -Aug 12 in Foxboro MA and Aug 19 in Detroit MI- with this tour. Other featured artists for these dates are Busta Rhymes and At The Drive In. See Tour for venue information.
- June 26. A band called What's Your Problem Brian is the Band of the Month at Weezer's webpage. Why do you care? Cause the band is suspiciously similar to No Doubt, sounds like early No Doubt, even has a song called "I'm not Gwen" (Gwen who?? I'll give you 3 guesses. :) You can view the Weezer Band of the Month feature here or click here to go straight to the What's Your Problem Brian homepage.
- May 29. No Doubt will play KROQ's Weenie Roast (along with tour mates Lit and several other bands) on June 17 at Edison Field in Anaheim. Visit KROQ.com for more information. (Thanks Anna.)
- May 11. No Doubt's Camden, NJ date is actually for the FEZtival 2000. A portion of the ticket proceeds from FEZ 2000 will benefit the Philadelphia chapter of Seeking Harmony in Neighborhoods Everyday (SHINE), a group in support of art, music, and technology in order to get kids to speak out. Other bands currently scheduled to play FEZ 2000 are: 3 Doors Down, Stone Temple Pilots, NxD's tourmates LIT, Third Eye Blind, Eve 6, Guster, and Stroke 9.
- Apr 24. TRL #7 today. The Official Page is now open!!!
- Apr 19. It's all your fault. You didn't vote. No, they weren't on the TRL countdown today. However, there was some news. Return of Saturn will debut at #2 on the Billboard charts next week. They have sold 200,000 albums to date. There was also a short interview with Gwen about the difficultly of the past couple of years, etc.
- Apr 17. "Don't Speak" was #6 on *NSync's Top 10 Countdown (MTV).
- Apr 6. In the music section of that teen mecca of B.S. we all like to call Seventeen.com, there was much news on No Doubt. The first piece of information is the Review of Return of Saturn. Despite their bad taste (i.e. Christina Aguilera and *NSync), the site gave the album a decent review. There is also a news section siting some upcoming appearances (which we already know about), and some random news (which we already know about). The the "Tunes on the Tube" section, they had posted 2 upcoming No Doubt appearances. And finally, to top things off, the Trivia question was about No Doubt, and was something like: "Eric, Gwen's brother, left No Doubt to pursue a career in animation. Which long-running series does he work for?" Umm. Duh. If you don't know, here's a big, fat hint:
- Mar 22. Gwen is a guest (among many others) on Fishbone's new album called The Psychotic Friends of Nuttwerx. The video for "Simple Kind of Life" is complete, the release date is unknown. Check out No Doubt this beginning this weekend on MTV's Spring Break. The tour starts this weekend. Tom mentioned that it will most likely end up being extended to 2 years long. Reserve your copy of Return of Saturn at No Doubt Direct and receive $5 off your next purchase from the website.
- Mar 21. The Artist (AKA Prince) is planning to release "So Far, So Pleased as his next single from Rave Un2 the Joy Fantastic. He would also like to make a video for the single. He is currently waiting to receive permission from No Doubt's management.
- Mar 15. No Doubt is finishing work today on the video for "Simple Kind of Life" ...no news as of when it will premiere. They also said that they are making plans to visit Japan and Australia in April, and for an extensive summer tour as well. The tour will begin in June. A Return of Saturn release party will be held on April 10 in Sweden. All NDIFC members who can provide their own transportation are invited to attend, visit NDIFC for more information. Less than 1 month to go!!! The "Ex-Girlfriend" single was recently released in Great Britain. In the U.S., we'll just have to wait until it is imported. Your very own Sunpist Groves webmaster is now a part of Team Saturn...be afraid, be very afraid.
- Mar 8. TRL #6 today! Gwen sang with Gavin on the final date of Bush's European tour in Manchester, England last week. She sang back up on "Spacetravel," as she does on the band's The Science of Things. This was the couple's first stage appearance together.
- Feb 14. Happy Valentines Day. TRL status: #9
- Feb 11. Debut of "Ex-Girlfriend" on the TRL countdown. #10
- Feb 8. NDIFC reports that Return of Saturn will be pushed back another week. "Ex-Girlfriend" premiered last night on MTV's Making the Video.
- Jan 28. Keep your eyes on Sell-Out TV (ugh, I mean MTV, they have redeemed themselves ...for now) ...No Doubt's video "Ex-Girlfriend" will premiere on MTV's Making the Video on February 7 at 10:30 pm EST!
- Jan 25. It is confirmed that the video for "Ex-Girlfriend" will be out on February 7. It was posted several days ago on the official page that the first 50 people to send an email in (18 years of age or over and in the L.A. area) would have the chance to be an extra in the new video. Shooting is taking place this week (and is mostly over). The song list for Return of Saturn has been posted on the official page. You can also find it on my discography page.
- Jan 15. No Doubt has decided to change their plans (big surprise). "Simple Kind of Life" will now be the second single. They will release "X Girlfriend" on February 1 as their first single. The lyrics can be found at NDIFC. NDIFC also reports that there will be a North American club tour in March/April and a European tour to follow. Operation Radio Attack has been put into effect. The NDIFC has more information, and a list of radio stations around the world. The video for "X Girlfriend" will premiere at 10 pm EST on MTV on February 8.
- Dec 23. No Doubt has been added to MTV's performance list for their New Year's Party. The official release date for Return of Saturn is April 11, 2000.
- Dec 6. No Doubt won "Most Stylish Video" at the VH1/Vogue Fashion Awards last night. Congratulations! The title ("Return of Saturn") and release date (April 2000) have been confirmed by the Official Page. Tom also states that the first single will be "Simple Kind of Life."
- Nov 29. Again...it's been postponed again...the new release date is April 2000. The title is confirmed to be The Return of Saturn, named for the number of years it takes for the planet to circle the sun (approx. 28) in correlation with Gwen's age when she wrote most of the songs for the album. The band is finishing up two final songs and artwork for the album. As anxious as we are to hear something new, I am sure that The Return of Saturn will be well worth the wait.
- Nov 25. The new No Doubt merchandise store is open, sponsored by Artist Direct. Click to visit No Doubt Direct. The release date has been set for the release of the new album. The date is February 21 (which means the album will be released sometime in June). :Þ The album is titled, but the band will not release their choice. Names on the NxD ballot: "Artificial Sweetener" and "The Return of Saturn," among others. There is a small informal competition going on between OC Bands here. Click to vote for No Doubt.
- Nov 15. KROQ's nationally known Almost Acoustic Christmas show in L.A. plans to celebrate its tenth year by releasing a live album of the best performances. The Best Of The KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas, Vol. 1 is due out on November 23. The track list is as follows:
Blink-182 - "Dammit" (1998)
Bush - "Everything Zen" (1996)
Cake - "Going The Distance" (1996)
Everclear - "I Will Buy You A New Life" (1997)
Everlast - "What It's Like" (1998)
Garbage - "Stupid Girl" (1998)
Hole - "Doll Parts" (1998)
Live - "I Alone" (1994)
No Doubt - "Spiderwebs" (1998)
Radiohead - "Fake Plastic Trees" (1995)
Smash Mouth - "Walkin' On The Sun" (1997)
Violent Femmes - "Blister In The Sun" (1993)
In other news, No Doubt is going to release a DVD version of "Live in the Tragic Kingdom" containing previously unreleased scenes. The disk will be out in time for Christmas 2000. There is a full page picture of No Doubt is this week's Rolling Stone, it is an ad for Artist Direct. Adrian is featured with Chad Sexton in the December '99 Modern Drummer. The FAQ section at the Official Page has been updated. And finally, I know you're all sick of this crap, but I found a comment at Seventeen.com relating to what else...Gwen and Gavin. When asked about whether or not they were still together, Gavin replied: "I think so -- sometimes," he tells USA Today. "But she is amazing. That girl is amazing." W
- Nov 13. Tom has updated the official site. He says that they have picked a title for the new album, but will not tell us what it is. They have written 24 songs, and because only 13-14 will make the cut, the rest may go on a Beacon Street 2 type release. I deduce from the title that it would most likely be produced and distrubuted by No Doubt's independent (and unofficial) label, Beacon Street Records, unless Interscope would like to sponsor the informal album. Although, this time, I'm sure that the band will not be selling the music from the trunks of their cars.
- Nov 11. Gwen was spotted at the Rage Against the Machine show in L.A. wearing a full set of braces. MTV reports that she will have them for 6 weeks in order to bridge a gap in her teeth. (I know she appreciates all the press over this. *grin*) Anyway. A review of Bush's new album on mtv.com criticizes the morose and self-pitying lyrics. They say it may be due to "recent rumours of a break up with girlfriend Gwen Stefani." If it were me writing the story, I would add a clause to that phrase: "...due to excessive stress from the media and their celebrity status in general..."
- Nov 10. Adrian will be standing in for the Vandals' drummer again. He will be playing at a mall in Ontario, CA on November 13. Fishbone's new album, entitled "The Psychotic Friends Nuttwerx" is due out on March 21. Guests include: Gwen, one-time Bad Brains leader H.R., Rick James, George Clinton, Perry Farrell, Flea, John Frusciante, and Chad Smith of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, former Super 8 member Bob Khaleel, Ivan Neville, Lili Hayden, and Donny Osmond. Possibly joining the list in the future are Primus and Busta Rhymes.
- Nov 8. (again) Here's an excerpt of the interview with Prince at MTV.com:
Loder: How did you come to pick Gwen Stefani on this record? Are you a fan of No Doubt?
The Artist: Yeah. I saw Gwen jump up on David Letterman's desk when they performed on his show, and I said, "I gotta know her."
Loder: [ Laughs ] You have a desk of your own you need somebody to jump on? Or is it just the spirit...
The Artist: Yeah. I had never seen anybody do that. I said, "I'm feelin' that. I'm definitely feelin' that." And her band's really tight, and I go to see them whenever they're in town, and they're great, great performers, and they love music. They really got off on the things that I've done in the past, so I wanted to include them on this somehow.
- Nov 8. The new Prince (AKA The Artist) album is out. It is called Rave Un2 the Joy Fantastic. Meanwhile, No Doubt is putting the finishing touches on the album. Out of the many possible titles, Gwen is leaning towards The Return of Saturn. She said: "...[ I ] put my heart and soul into this record." New songs include "Bathwater," "Magic's in the Makeup," "6 Feet Under," and "Ex Girlfriend." For more songs, view the Setlist from the recent Tour. The new album will hopefully be out by February 2000.
- Nov 1. I'm not one that tends to gossip, in fact, I despise it, but I did find a bit of information that might be interesting to some of you. Rumours have been circulating regarding a shaky relationship between Gwen and Gavin, even though it's really no one's business, I managed to dig up some quotes on my daily routine of searching every page that might contain news on No Doubt. This one comes from the teen mecca of seventeen.com, and after sorting out bad writing style and teenage slang, I found some substance amidst the "We love Gavin" crap. Well, kinda.
DON'T SPEAK: Speaking of not being too jealous -- ladies, don't hate Gwen Stefani of No Doubt because her boyfriend is Gavin Rossdale. It seems Gavin was spotted getting quite cozy with a strawberry-blonde waitress in New York City recently. The Bush frontman's rep tells the New York Daily News that "things are fine between Gavin and Gwen." However, Gavin says in the December issue of Spin that "my relationship is harder than getting a record deal." He adds, "I panic and worry about everything ... but it's really draining and doesn't help the situation. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone -- except Gwen's cool." It sounds like there is some doubt, at least.
Ahh, wonderful, they all want Gavin, and they're exploiting the relationship. Whatever, it's just gossip.....
- Oct 18. Adrian proposed to long-time girlfriend Nina on October 9 at the Fillmore in San Francisco before a sold-out crowd. Wearing his usual concert attire, consisting of boxers and that's just about it, Adrian nervously took the mic and asked the crowd to "bear with me." He turned to a shocked Nina on the side of the stage and asked for her to come forward, then got down on his knee, professed his love, and asked her if she would marry him. Nina nodded and the crowd cheered. Drummer Josh Freese from Guns N' Roses played the usual "Spiderwebs" encore for Adrian. In other news, the tour is complete, visit the Tour section for an overview.
- Oct 3. Happy Birthday Gwen!
- Oct 2. No Doubt will be broadcasting one song from nodoubt.com after each stop on the tour. You will need the latest version of G2 Real Player. Click here for some music.
- Sep 24. More info on Gwen's involvement in the new album from the Artist entitled Rave Un2 the Joy Fantastic. She sings backvox on the song "So Far Pleased." The album will be out November 2.
- Sep 17. Finally, something good. Eight west coast tour dates were released today. Tickets for the all-ages club shows went on sale at 10:00 am this morning. See the tour section for the list of dates.
- Sep 15. Well, the announcement we've all been waiting for is kind of a let down. At the Official Page, Tom stated that he was planning to announce a club tour. In it's place, there was some very exciting news for Gwen. The tour will be temporarily put on hold, and its possible occurrance will depend on how well Gwen does at a movie audition. The filming of the movie would coincide with the club tour. No further info on the movie. I'll keep you posted.
- Sep 13. The official page has once again been updated. The winners of the contest were announced. Tom also started a new section in the News & Info. He will post a picture every day, thanks to his new digital camera. So far, there are two. There won't be an archive, each picture stays up for only 5 days. The pictures are great though. His "special announcment" will come out in 2 days. It is rumoured that there may be a new single...I'll keep you updated. www.sunpistgroves.com will be up in 3-4 days!!!
- Sep 3. Tom updated. He anounced that No Doubt may play a couple songs at the Artist Direct Awards on October 7.
- Aug 30. Tom updated the Official site. I'm too lazy to paraphrase, so I thought I'd take advantage of the 'copy and paste' feature on my browser:
As some of you know, last week both Adrian and Tony celebrated birthdays, and Nina (Adrian's girlfriend) graciously threw a big party at Adrian's house over the weekend. Adrian's neighbors didn't complain once, and even though I got tired and left by 2am, I know that the place was raging for hours beyond that. A couple hundred close friends came by and a good time was had by all. Its always fun to drop names so here's some of the local musicians and celebrities who hung out: One Hit Wonder, 311, NOFX, Tom Morello, Long Beach Dub Allstars (formerly Sublime), Vince Vaughn, Cheater, Czar, Goldfinger, Bush (oh really?!?), Perry Farrell, Jed the Fish, Native Wayne, and last but not least, Cory Feldman.
I'm pretty sure that I got the high score on Galaga.
Also, I'm still trying to get those new photos up so thanks for your continued patience.
Oh yeah, and please watch this site carefully because in the middle of September I'm going to announce something very secret here.
-Tom Dumont. ...interesting.
- Aug 27. Happy birthday Tony! Gwen is doing something with The Artist formerly known as Prince. The Artist has signed a one-album deal with Arista, due to problems with Warner Bros. The album will also include Ani DiFranco, Sheryl Crow, and Public Enemy's Chuck D. It is called Rave Un2 the Joy Fantastic and should be released in November. (source: NDIFC)
- Aug 26. Happy birthday Adrian!
- Aug 23 (again). MTV.com reported today on Tom's comments at the Official site. They covered most of what I had below. They did include a possible answer to the quote I put from Tom on the last update I posted today. MTV said that he may have made the comment on the signifigance of October because No Doubt had said they were going to make a club tour in October...did anyone else know about this? However, the spokesperson for No Doubt denied this, saying that the plans were cancelled due to the postponement of the new album. Gee...I thought it was something to do with the website...anyway, read more at the MTV site.
- Aug 23. No Doubt returned from their vacations and went back to the studio. They are in the process of mastering. Due to the fact that they plan on writing and adding more songs, the album has been postponed until early in 2000, instead of the original projected date of November 16. The album is tentatively titled "Artificial Sweetener." Tom updated the Official page. He left a link to a recent story done on No Doubt by the LA Times. I received much of my information there, click on the link for more details. A new photo section will be added to nodoubt.com. Tom concluded his post with: "Does anyone get the feeling that something cool is going to happen in October?" ...interesting. . .
- Aug 8. I was browsing the new Bush feature at mtv.com, hoping to find something on Gwen. I knew MTV couldn't resist digging up more dirt on her and Gavin's relationship; and I was correct, as usual. Here's a bit from the last of the interview, concerning Bush's new album:
MTV: Any guests on the album?
GR: Gwen sang on a couple of tracks. You know, she's that girl from No Doubt.
MTV: So are you singing on any of No Doubt's tracks?
GR: No, I just provide a cultural backdrop, for reference. I don't know, we're probably not going to tour together. It's kind of ironic that we finished touring at the same time, but we did have that year of contractual nonsense. Had that not gone on, we would have been talking about the second single now. Because we had it ready at Christmas. But that's life.
I'm wondering just what MTV was thinking (or smoking) when they asked that second question...I'm sure Adrian, Tom, and Tony are wondering the same thing. . .releasing albums at the same time? Awww...how cute. (gag) And he's even put Gwen on some of the tracks; you know, that girl from No Doubt. Well, look forward to watching the horde of No Doubt fans running to get Bush's new release...
- Jul 30. Tom has updated several times since my last post here. The most notable news is that the release date is now set for November 16...we'll see if that holds up. Also, they are in the process of making plans for the tour...dates will be posted in Sunpist Groves as soon as they are released.
- Jul 6. Tom updated. Gwen is in the studio with Fishbone. She will be singing guest vocals for a song on an album entitled "Fishbone and Friends." Still don't know when the MTV News 1515 with No Doubt with air...neither does Tom. No Doubt is making plans to tour this fall, I'll definitely keep you posted. The tour will coincide with the release of the very anticipated new album.
- Jun 22. The new release date for the album is November. Tom has updated many times since I have...that means I suck pretty bad. Visit the Official Page.
- Mar 24. There's a new poll at the online TV Guide. Vote for who's sexier Gwen or Shirley Manson. So far, Gwen's ahead, 1134 votes to 1119. Click here. Interesting. My dad just walks in with this CD from AT&T Net. It's called "Stormy Weather"...there are all kinds of female singers on it. Track #1: "Almost Blue" written by Elvis Costello performed by Gwen Stefani...came in the mail...advertisement-type thing I guess. The whole CD has kind of a big band sound to it....I'll have to look into this. Until later.
- Mar 3. Yes, my last post was incorrect, I'm aware. But anyway, at least we get to jump whatshername. I was misinformed. Well, we got what we wanted today. Most of us anyway (because some of us weren't out of school yet...) "New" was also played on my local radio station here in Kansas City (105.9 Lawrence,KS) yesterday...strange, didn't think it was supposed to be released except for that month in OC. There's also something about Rufus Wainwright at MTV.com, where he mentions Gwen in talking about his video, and said that she was "a sweet girl." Go read it yourself. Anyway, that's your news, complete with fragment sentences. Look for updates in SG soon.
- Feb 24. Premiere of "New" video tomorrow on TRL...finally. If it doesn't appear, we all jump Carson Daly, and his cute little girlfriend, Jennifer Love Hewitt. And in the February Maxim magazine, there was a clip of Gwen and everything she's 'made up of'...apparently, it's not all sugar, spice and everything nice...I'll have the picture scanned, it's quite interesting, but for now, here's what Gwen (and the rest of her clones at some point) is made of: 34% Marilyn Monroe on a sugar high, 21% Vengeful Hindu princess, 15% Pippi Longstocking (the early years)--ouch, 12% Amusing kickboxer Hong Kong Phooey, 9% Cuddly skate rat, 5% Bob Marley, 3% Arby's curly fries--yummy, and finally, 1% Cher--ah, that's wonderful. If you want to golf in the tournament for Schwing! magazine (Adrian's collaboration with Jon of the Vandals), then call the number on the News and Info section of the Official page. Members of No Doubt and other musicians and celebrities will also be making fools of themselves. Anyway, that's your news. Didn't we have fun?
- Feb 10. At MTV.com, the new "Whaddayathink?" under MTV Local asked "Who should save Loolapalooza?" (or something to that effect)...No Doubt was an option, but not doing so well...so if you don't want the Backstreet Boys or Madonna on the next Loolapalooza tour, go vote for No Doubt.
- Feb 9. On VH1 last night, they had a program showing the top songs for the year for 40 years. I'll give you 3 guesses as to what was the number one song of 1997.
- Feb 8. Another Tom update. It must be a record. This one just talked about a new alternative golf magazine that Adrian has worked on with Jon from the Vandals. Adrian's been a golf-lover since 14. Visit the Official Vandals Page for subscription information.
- Feb 5. Tom updated again...finally. He said the song for the soundtrack Go! is finished; it comes out on March 23 and the movie will come out on March 26. The video is also finished, however when we will be able to see it is still in the dark. Tom also said that they have been doing a lot of work on the much anticipated new album....anxious No Doubt fans await....
- Jan 28. At MTV.com: No Doubt went to work in L.A. with former MTV Video Director of the Year Jake Scott this week on the video for "New." The video will not contain scenes of the band in concert or scenes from the movie of the soundtrack that it is on. In the video, each band member plays a character on their way to a rave and their paths all cross in the end. See MTV for more details. The soundtrack, for the movie Go!, is due to be out in March. Meanwhile, they are still in the recording studio with Alanis Morisette's producer (no, not Sophie Muller this time), Glen Ballard. MTV stated that the expected release date is late this summer...but of course, you'll never know.
- Jan 27. These are just a few comments I found about No Doubt in the January 1999 Ska Parade Newsletter.
-a big thank you to No Doubt fo' rememberin' yo roots
(No Doubt awarded "The Ska Parade" a platinum record
for worldwide sales of over 14 million copies of "Tragic Kingdom").
*Cover Ska Parade logo is by Eric Stefani
(Emmy award winning animator of "The Simpsons" & No Doubt founder).
- Jan 21. At MTV.com on Jan 20, an article was posted on the song "New," and the future of the new album. No Doubt has decided on Alanis Morisette and Marilyn Manson's producer. This song will be on the soundtrack for a movie called Go and they will be making a video for it.
- Dec 22. At Whaddyathink? at Local--mtv.com, there were 2 questions with No Doubt as choices. On 12/14, the question was "Which CD are you most looking forward to?"...No Doubt won with 28% in the country. For 12/21, the question was "Who should do a remake of Prince's 1999?"...No Doubt is tied with Hole at 24%.
- At the 107.3, the homepage for a Kansas City radio station, they had a short story posted on the new CD. Mitch Okmin, No Doubt's manager, said that the new CD is tentatively scheduled to be out in the summer of 1999, and that a possible titled is Magic in the Make-Up. Mostly, the story was on their new producer, Michael Beinhorn, who has worked with Manson and Hole. The manager of their former producer (Matthew Wilder, who worked with them on Tragic Kingdom) had this to say--"It was a creative thing. We're hopeful that some of Matthew's work is gonna end up on this record." Me too...
- On the Official Green Day Homepage, there is an article posted in the news about how Gwen may be in their movie. Just a rumour...kinda like the one about the movie Belly...
- There is an article posted at Sonicnet on No Doubt's new album. Click here.
- The Official No Doubt Website, No Doubt Land, was opened today, October 18. A chat hosted by Pat Smear at Sonicnet will be on October 25.
- In the new R.S. (the first week of Oct. 1998), there is a pic of Gwen with Rufus Wainwright and Melissa Aud Der Maur of Hole. In the picture, Gwen is wearing a black wig. See the Picture Archives for the picture. Gwen will make a cameo appearance in Wainwright's video for "April Fool's."
- At the MTV site, you may have noticed "J.F. was here"...well, there is a small something on No Doubt at http://mtv.com/mtv/tubescan/vma98/fame/gwen.html for those of you with Real Video.
- After VMAs: After the VMAs, House of Style interviewed several people. When asked what the favoutite thing they were wearing, Gabe replied, "my pink thong", and Tom said, "my ass". So the answers were quite diverse. Rebecca Romijn spent quite a bit of time talking with No Doubt.
- The MTV VMAs Overview: Even without being nominated, No Doubt definitely made a good showing. No Doubt was interviewed in the pre-show, called "Opening Act." They said that they have written 25 songs and recorded 7. No Doubt also reported that their biggest influence in the next album is the Cure (See, "No Doubt to get Goth for Next Album?", MTV Online) The album is expected to be out early next year. There are 2 stories at MTV Online on No Doubt; one regarding the new album and a second about Gwen's interesting blue hair...among other artists who gained their share for attention. Gwen presented an award, with Lenny Kravitz, at the end of the show for "Best Rock Video". The Brian Setzer Orchestra also performed.
- On the Entertainment Channel (E!), we were informed that No Doubt fired their manager over "creative differences." However, this news is old...by a few months, catch up!
- Seven of the 20 songs they have written have been recorded. The expected release date is early 1999.
- In MTV news today, Brian Setzer talks about his collaboration with Gwen: "[Gwen's] got the voice to really sing a ballad," Setzer said, "and to sing a song like a Billie Holiday, you know with the flower in her hair and the whole thing. She's great."
- Looking for new pics of Gwen? Check out the July 9-23 issue of the Rolling Stone. There's are 2 pics of her: one while recording with Brian Setzer, and another only showing those awesome eyes in an MTV ad.
- Where's Eric these days? He played piano on Rancid's "Hoover St."
- The recording Gwen did with Brian Setzer has been finally been released on Brian Setzer's new album.
- According to the Rolling Stone, No Doubt has completed 20 songs for the new album scheduled to be out early next year.
- Sublime is releasing a 2 hour video on their story. The video includes a duet with Gwen on the song "Saw Red" and the story on Bradley. It also includes interviews from No Doubt and other bands.
- Poe and Gwen have collaborated for a song called "Rise and Shine" to benefit a children's AID awareness program. Poe wants to help a 12 year old child named Levar who was just diagnosed with AIDS and brain cancer. Both of his parents have AIDS. Gwen will be singing background vocals for the song. It has already been performed and released to the public.